Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 21. Are you still searching for the perfect Father’s Day gift for your elderly dad? As their mobility becomes more limited or as they have been in isolation for several months during the recent pandemic, it can be very difficult to know what to give or do for them in order to help them feel loved and celebrated. No worries! We have some great ideas for you!!!
- MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION – Give your father a subscription to a magazine or publication that they would enjoy. Many subscriptions are available in big, easy to read print. This is a gift that they could enjoy looking forward to each month.
- BOX SUBSCRIPTION – One very popular gift idea these days is a subscription box. There are a variety of subscription boxes that you could gift to your dad for Father’s Day. Many of these companies allow you to select the gifts in each month to make them customizable. This is a great idea for someone who cannot leave their home. Think of it like a Father’s Day gift that comes every few months, all year long! There a variety of subscription box companies that focus on particular hobbies, foods, reading material and so much more!!
- MEAL DELIVERY SERVICE – A growing trending idea is to give them a meal delivery service. You could choose to send these meals one time, periodically or often. There is a plethora of meal delivery services that give you options for what to choose from based on your father’s taste. You can give your father a break from having to cook with these pre-prepped, nutritious meals that can be delivered right to their door.
- MEMORY BOOK – There are scores of options online when it comes to designing and creating your own journal or photo album. This could be a gift that has extra touches of personalization to them where they can be cherished through the years.
- FITNESS TRACKER – There are so many varieties of fitness bands that people can wear in various sizes and styles to fit their lifestyle. These trackers can track their daily steps, calories burned, sleeping patterns and so much more. Some brands even have options to track medications. It can be a convenient tool to keep your eye on your elderly dad’s fitness and health on a daily and weekly basis.
- INDOOR GARDENING KIT – You could give your father an indoor gardening kit that allows them to garden inside all year long without dealing with weeds and extreme weather conditions. This could be a gift that they can enjoy putting work into without much physical effort.
- DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME – There are some great photo frames available that can instantly download images you send to them. Imagine them sitting at home and needing something to life their spirits. All of the sudden they look over at their digital frame you have gifted and see a new picture of their grandchild that you have sent them. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Finding the perfect Father’s Day gift for your senior dad doesn’t have to be stressful. With some planning, you will find the right gift to honor your dad on Father’s Day. Whether you are looking for a gift for a senior father who is active or one who could use some things to make their life easier, there are plenty of options out there!
Whatever you decide to give them for Father’s Day, remember that he will think that your gift is wonderful because you took the time to pick it out for him.