Do you have a loved one who requires long-term housing and care for adults who are elderly and/or have developmental disabilities? MyAFH’s network of adult family homes may be a great option for you! Many of our homes in Kent offer specialized care for adults with physical and developmental disabilities.
We work with you to find the best home to offer loving, supportive care for adults with developmental disabilities. Each of our network Adult Family Homes is unique–while not all of them specialize in caring for adults with disabilities, many do.
We strive to create a safe, active and healthy environment that is rich in community interaction and family involvement. Our homes are committed to providing a beautiful space for our residents to thrive, to make friends, work, play, volunteer and enjoy life.
MyAFH homes can care for adults with disabilities, as well as many other health issues and conditions. Call today for information about our care options in Seattle. Call us or use our Adult Family Home Search.
Adults With Disabilities Housing
What are the services and amenities found at Kent Disabled Care facilities with MyAFH? Each of our homes is different, as they are all owned and operated independently. There are several homes within our network in Kent that offer care for disabled adults.
Homes that specialize in caring for adults with disabilities may offer:
- 24-hour supervision and specialized medical care
- Assistance with the activities of everyday living, from grooming and eating to participation in leisure activities
- Access to services which help the individual develop appropriate skills to increase or maintain their level of functioning
Homes for Disabled Adults
ADVANTAGES OF ADULT FAMILY HOMES
- Private, residential home in a neighborhood
- Converted to meet requirements for care
- Up to six residents
- Residents have the opportunity to form friendships with one another
- Each resident has own room
- Each resident receives personalized care
- Each resident receives help with activities of daily living
- Low care professional-to-resident ratio
- Family meals served together
- Loved ones may visit residents
- There are many Adult Family Homes, and more opening monthly, so finding just the right fit is closer than you think!
We know that making the decision to place your elderly or disabled loved one in an adult family home is not an easy one, and here at My AFH we want to help ease the process as much as we can. We provide peace of mind that your loved one will be in a safe, warm environment and cared for by professional staff who keep their residents’ health and wellbeing as their number one priority. In Seattle and throughout the Puget Sound region, we’re known for our quality care in our adult family homes and assisted living facilities.
Our residents enjoy monthly and weekly activities, as well, in a community where they are able to fully embrace life. Our home-like, family-oriented care homes are inviting, comfortable, and warm places for your loved one call home. You won’t have cause to worry when they are in our care.
Do you still have questions? We have answers. You can call us at any time at 1-800-747-2997, email us at [email protected], or contact us here on our website. Our staff are here to help.
Call 1-800-747-2997 or visit our Contact Page.