MyAFH offers Memory Care services at several of our Adult Family Homes in Kent!
What is Memory Care?
Memory care is a type of long-term senior care designed to best serve individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of progressive-degenerative dementia and/or memory loss. Senior adults in Kent who need more assistance than what is usually offered in assisted living facilities, or individuals who have a more advanced form of dementia, making it unsafe for them to stay in their home, often find that memory care is the best choice for their long-term care.
While nursing homes and other senior living facilities provide ‘round-the-clock professional care, Adult Family Homes that offer memory care provide a safe, predictable environment optimized especially to protect residents from wandering, getting lost, and self-harm. Memory care residents most often don’t have any other major health issues, aside from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, but they are no longer able to safely live in their own homes.
MyAFH homes can care for memory conditions for your loved one, call today for info about our memory care options in Kent. Call us or use our Adult Family Home Search.
Memory Care Kent
Memory care is designed to provide a safe, structured environment with set routines to minimize stress for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Caring, professional staff provide meals and assist residents with personal care tasks, just as the staff of an assisted living facility would, but they are also specially trained and licensed to assist with the unique issues that residents living with dementia or Alzheimer’s often experience. Memory care staff will check in with residents more frequently and often provide extra support and guidance to help residents navigate their day.
What are the services and amenities found at Kent Memory Care facilities with MyAFH?
Most memory care communities offer the same services found in an assisted living setting, such as:
- Semiprivate or private accommodations in an apartment-style suite with an en suite bathroom
- Three daily meals served restaurant-style, plus snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen services
- Daily social and recreational activities, such as fitness classes, organized games, and escorted day trips
- In-house medical alert systems
- Some assistance with activities of daily living, including dressing, grooming and transferring
Dementia Care Homes Kent
In addition to the services provided at most assisted living facilities, memory care communities also offer:
- Daily group and individual therapeutic recreational programming, such as brain games that are specifically designed to slow the progression of memory loss
- 24/7 security
- Anti-wandering systems such as WanderGuard, a wireless wearable tracking device that lets caregivers monitor the exact location of each resident
- A relatively low staff-to-resident ratio
- Help with activities of daily living
- Family support groups
Each memory care facility offers its own unique range of services. Some offer enhanced services including on-site physical, occupational and speech-language therapy, on-site physician’s services and escorts to local medical appointments.
You probably still have many questions and concerns about memory care and what’s best for your loved one. MyAFH is here to answer your questions and ensure that the choice you make for your elderly loved one’s long term care is what’s best for them and for you. Give us a call today to explore your options.
Call 1-800-747-2997 or visit our Contact Page.